Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lg Optimus G Review

The optimus G is my Nexus 4, those on a GSM network like T-Mobile and AT&T plus the many many smaller networks, were able to get their hands on the Nexus 4, those of us on Sprint were not that lucky. I am looking at the Optimus G now as it is the base model for the Nexus 4. It has many of the same features and sometimes they are exactly the same. There are differences like 13 mp camera or SD card on AT&T.

The device is visually nice! Much like the Nexus 4 (the more popular device) this phone also has  a glass front and back and a stylish back under the glass. The cameras on both Optimus G phones (at&t and sprint) are both squared off, the sprint model sticks out a bit, but not enough to bother me. The glass is awesome but shows fingerprints a bit, but they can easily be wiped away with a wipe of a cloth. The power button is on the right side of the device and the volume buttons are made on the left, just opposite the power button. The three buttons on bottom are not software buttons like the Nexus 4, but they are indeed soft buttons, not really physical by any means.

The 1.5 ghz quad core processor is crazy, the phone feels so fast. It is nice, smooth and as previously mentioned, quite quick. It doesn’t do anything slowly, there are some phones that lag, there are some phones that hang, but really, not this one. The speed and software together.... wait LG software? Yeah that is right, I am saying that I like LG software, I usually do not, I have enjoyed their hardware, the Revolution and the G2X were good by way of hardware, it was built well, but the software left much to be desired I personally felt, however, that is not the case here.

The phone is a fun little delight to use, at first I was afraid, I was petrified... (sorry), to drop it or break it. Now I am not so afraid, I am not banging it into walls or into other phones, but I am not handling it like a feather or like a baby. I am using it like a phone. The front and back are made of glass, that is what worries me and many others, but it does not need to be babied. That is a plus!

Today I did some tests on 4g and other data, the Sprint device does not yet have 4g in my market and the data is quite sad. The AT&T model on the other hand has speeds well over 21mbps! Everything downloaded amazingly fast and there were no real issues. The data on both was not a hinderance to battery and was not absolutely awful, the Sprint model needs some work when it comes to data, but neither needs help in the calls department, they were clear and loud enough.

Overall I have no major issues with the device, everything device gives qualms and I guess this one is the glass. If you know my previous work you will know that I haven’t really liked LG devices, but this changes a few things. I actually like LG right now, they made two great phones (the glass is troublesome but they are great). I would recommend these to anyone who wants a Sprint or AT&T powerhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ads

.