Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Week With the Palm Pre: Day 2

So I am at day 2 of this device. A palm pre, a phone that is no longer supported. I have looked around the web and it turns out that not only can I get android on it (with no phone calling and no sound) but I can also get palm OS version 2! I have not done either and will not be doing either until after this week is over, maybe even a few weeks. Palm version 1.4.5 is nice enough for now. I have come to realize how much I like 4g service, whether it be LTE or wiMax it is quite nice to have, the palm pre has EV (Ev-Do), which is basically just 3g from what I can tell.

The apps I like just aren't there, yeah there is homebrew but I am having a few issues loading certain homebrew apps. I am still figuring it all out and getting it all working. I am excited to test it all. So for me the future holds some homebrew and upgrading the OS. The OS upgrade seems really cool, version 2 comes packed on the HP errrr Palm Pre 3, which is a phone I just don't have access to. Since this old phone can get version 2 of the OS I figured I would give it a shot. So far it seems a bit difficult to do so.  I need to run WebOS Doctor and another program or two, so far I am just getting all the downloads finished. I guess I will let you know how this all goes so that in a few weeks I can load it up and be ready to go!

I am still missing Google+ as an app and if I didn't have other phones to review, I would probably go back to my nexus s, but this little experiment is working quite nicely since I have other means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ads

.