Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Week WIth A Palm Pre: Day 5 - 7

This is the wrap. I have hit a week plus a few days. I have decided that I will be keeping the phone for at least another week, the phone has awesome android styled features. I have talked about this all week, two posts, 7 days.

I have not had many problems, kind of odd because I thought I would! I thought I would crawl back to android! I thought I would be calling Sprint asking them to switch me back by now but I think it is the subtle similarities that I talked about earlier this week. The cards that you use, the length of the battery, the way that messenger works. Not only does the messenger send texts but also works with AOL and Gtalk and others. I only use GTalk and SMS/MMS, but it is awesome. The browser is lacking, if I decide to upgrade to webOS 2, I will indeed check the browser.

In a few weeks I will be back on my Nexus S, I will be back on Jelly Bean and I will using all my old apps again! Excited! A bit sad! When I do get back, i think i will attempt to put android 2.3 on the phone, some say WiFi is a bit wonky and that you can not make phone calls, that is why I am getting back to the nexus S first. I will of course be documenting this as well as my move to WebOS 2 if I decide to do that! I am hoping that I can also find my way into an HP Pre 3, but that is looking more difficult and a bit costly!

For now that is all, I have thoroughly given it a lot of crazy times, made calls, texts, sent instant messages, browsed the web, downloaded apps, attempted a bit of homebrew, failed. Looked over how to put a new version on it, looked at how to put Android on it. It has been a heck of a week with WebOS and I wish they were still around, however, that means Android would not be as nice. Take the good with the bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ads

.